Build a strong foundation for your photography
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand shutter speed, ISO and aperture and how they work together
- Utilize depth of field
- Learn to focus in manual mode
- Understand different types of lenses and how they work
- Create stronger images with composition
- Use light to create mood and emotion
- Learn about flash photography
- Get an introduction to the post-processing workflow
ABOUT JOHN’S CLASS:
Photography techniques, terminology and equipment can seem complicated and intimidating at first. But after a few hours with John Greengo, you’ll have the skills and confidence you need to go out and take amazing photos that you’ll want to print, share and treasure for a lifetime.
Designed specifically for beginner photographers, this course will walk you through the essentials of how to use your DSLR camera and all the key functions. You’ll learn photography tips about everything from shutter speed to aperture, depth of field to ISO. You’ll get a primer on how to compensate for bad lighting and how to compose your shot for maximum effect and better photos.
This class will help you:
- Learn the most essential functions of your DSLR camera.
- Gain confidence in putting new features into action.
- Understand basic photographic terminology including the rule of thirds and the exposure triangle.
- Get a solid understanding of lighting and composition techniques.
- Figure out how to position yourself and your subject for optimal results.
- Learn to take great photos with the DSLR camera you have without extra gear.
- Feel prepared to move on to more advanced classes.
If you want to take more memorable and inspiring photographs of your travels, your friends and family, and the great outdoors, then this photography starter kit class is for you. By the end of the course, you’ll be ready to take your photography skills to the next level and continue your education with a more advanced photography course.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Beginning photographers looking to up their game and understand their camera.
- People who are finally ready to get out into the field and actually capture the shots they want.
- Any seasoned photog who wants a refresher (or to fix old habits) from one of the best out there today.