Learn how to change the mood of your image and turn a flat file, shot during the harsh daylight, into a dramatic and unique scene with this in depth tutorial. Scroll below to see the before and after and read more details.
Duration: 1 hr 33 min
I took this shot of Cerro Torre during the yearly Patagonia tours, a couple of hours after sunrise. The techniques I’m gonna share with you here work great for all those shots where the subject is hit by strong light and the sky is clear or almost, as in this scene right here.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I WILL LEARN IN THIS TUTORIAL?
- How to get a cooler and more dramatic look
- How to desaturate the blues with my special technique
- How to increase the saturation between the highlights and the shadows
- How to constrain the attention of the viewer to the relevant parts of your images
- My entire approach and complete workflow on editing this image
- …and more…